Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

Coffee Bean Wreath

Since my Mum and Stepdad opened a coffee shop I have been making bits and bobs to display in there and as its coming up to christmas what better to make than Christmas wreaths. The original plan was to make the bog standard wreath will holly and berries on it until my mum said 'Why don't you use coffee beans?'. I have made a few mini wreaths that can be hung on door handles etc and the best thing about the coffee bean ones is you get that AMAZING smell. I am not a coffee drinking..never have never will, but the smell is unbelievable (in my eyes.....i mean nose). 
I started of making a felt wreath after I saw the tutorial on The Glue Gun Girl's blog hence why it has wool wrapped around it...but it worked out well because the coffee bean stuck really well to the wool. You can buy the polystyrene wreaths at craft stores or on ebay. All i did was stick the beans on one by one with a hot glue gun positioning them at different angles. Continuing it all the way round the wreath just not on the back. Then at the end I stuck on a bit of ribbon to make the hanging loop. Since I have made this little one I have made a few more but with different ribbons and some have red bows on the top. I will post a pic of them in another blog.








I'm going to be making more but never I'm tackling cloves and cinnamon sticks! :)

Let me know what you think and if you have any other suggestions of making any Christmassy goodies I would love to try more.

Happy Sunday

Lauren x


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!! I might need to make one for the kitchen!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. do it... i love them too...going to make a few more today i think. Its worth buying really good coffee beans just so you get that strong smell :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...