Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Living with a Vegetarian

I was flicking through the thousands of photos I have taken on my phone and the majority of them are food related. Not sure what is wrong with me but I feel I cant eat a meal without taking a picture first. Some make in to my Instagram..some just float around on my phone doing nothing. Am I the only one here?

As a meat eater living with a veggie...with a broken freezer (yes that mean I can have ice cream, ice lollies or peas!) it can be a little annoying. If i buy nice fresh meat I have to eat to all within a few days. However it has made me eat things I haven't before like quorn! I lie actually, I have had veggie sausages before but thats it! Now I have quorn chicken in everything! Its so delicious..tastes like chicken (In my opinion) and is not bad for you. Bonus. 

If you have a food blog or know an awesome healthy veggie recipe send me a link as we are in the process of trying to eat more healthy and make better choices basically!

I thought I would share just a small percentage of food pictures with you..

We had a little picnic the other day. Instead of the sandwiches and sausage rolls we went for Ryvita's and Jelly!

These veggie burgers were delicious. Instead of the bun we decided to have it in romaine lettuce and I honestly didnt miss the bread!

Watermelon...a MUST in anyone's fridge

Quorn cottage pie. I have to admit. It wasn't the same as a good traditional beef cottage pie but it was still tasty and comforting. 

Quorn sausages in a casserole!! yes! Simple easy food. The rosemary ones from Linda McCartney are amazing!

Mexican night...a favourite in this household. with homemade guacamole and salsa!


I am still a meat eater and always will be but for the most part I pick a veggie meal of a meaty one.! :)

Lauren x

3 comments:

  1. I know I'm probably going to end up a veggie, everyone always assumes I am one, so I should probably start checking out quorn now.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deffo try the chicken pieces..they are honestly amazing!xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh, lovely post! Neither of us is a vegetarian but we do love veggie food. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...