Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

A Saturday Treat - Low Fat Banana Bread

I say this is a 'treat' in the tittle because even though its a low fat recipe it does have some butter in it. Although I used marg to make it slightly better. I found this reciepe on the BBC site and it is ridiculously scrummy! I also added so Omega Sprinkles (mixture of pumpkin seeds etc) to make it and energizing bread. I do love banana in everything..I made Banana and Walnut Muffins a while ago which you can find HERE. Let me know if you try this yummy goodness :)

Ingredients
150g Caster Sugar
50g Butter or Margarine
2 eggs
4 tbs water
3 mashed Ripe Bananas
200g plain flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder

1- Preheat the oven to 180°C 
2- Beat the sugar and butter/margarine together then beat in the eggs, water and mashed bananas.
3- Mix in the flour, bicarb of soda, salt and baking powder.
4- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin and bake for 60mintes (check at 50minutes)
5- And Hey Presto! 

EAT!!! EJOY!!! SHARE!! (or maybe not!)

Lauren x

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...