Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

I lost my best friend...Alfie the Beagle

If you have or have had a dog you will know where Im coming from! Some may say 'it's just a dog' but I say he was my best mate!

Our dog Alfie was only 8 years old and so suddenly he passed away on the 19th June 2012. It all happened so quickly and noone was expecting it. It is hard to say what was wrong with him because even the vets were baffled but it was likely he drank some sort of toxin or had eaten something that had been put down in public that was not doggy friend! As much as your cant watch every little thing your dog does PLEASE be aware of what they are eating or drinking when out and about! 

I knew I would be upset by losing him but didnt think it would hurt this much. He was part of our day to day life and now the routine has changed.

This blog post is mainly for my family..to remember the good times we had with Alf and to share a few nice and silly pictures of him. (This is only a pinch of them!) He was a well loved dog and had the best life a dog could have! 

Name: Alfie (Alfie Mac)
Age: 8
Occupation: Secuirty man..unless sleeping
Hobbies: Running free at the Sand quarry and golf course
Favourite person: His Dad Ian (my stepdad)
Favourite place: Under someones duvet
Favourite food: Anything that humans eat!!


Bath Time

Protecting his garden

Hmmm.. that wasnt your ball Alf!

Bra head!

Treats are the best thing on the planet!!

Do they really have to dress me in this crap?!

Ian and Alf..Pals for life!

NOM NOM NOM

Stay still...they wont see me

Pancake day!!!

Im freeeeeeeee

Im gonna beat you Lauren!


KISSES!

Sleep time!

I will give you a kiss if you give me a treat

1st class dog

Buggar off! Im not on duty

JUST GIVE ME A TREAT!!!

Ahhh this is the life..

Far too spoilt!
WRESTLE TIME!!

go away go away!

Snnoooozzze
Breakfast in bed,.. Tidy!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Miss you Alfie! x

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. He looks like he was a great pet and companion. Having had dogs most of my life, i know how crap it feels when they go because they are part of the family. Anyone who says they are 'just a dog' have obviously never had one, or just don't have a heart.i hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Its the 'getting used to it' bit that's hard. Sitting at home alone is WAY too quiet! Your right, they are party of the family!xx

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. He looks so happy and healthy in all of these pictures, he must have had a great life! Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that lovely comment...he did have a very good life :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...